Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Belfast, Part Two, and A Walk Down Memory Lane

I booked our hostel in Belfast specifically with Lagan Backpackers because they provided an all inclusive English breakfast! Usually hostels provide their stayers with some sort of bland, generic cereal and milk, bread and jam, juice, and coffee, if you're lucky.
I know Ryan loves eggs and a big breakfast in the morning, so it was all for him! Look at how happy he is.




I booked a secret all-day trip for us today, on Saturday, March 24, and he had no idea where we were going!


Our first stop was at literally, a dock.


It was really sunny!



Our tour bus took us through the beautiful, lush countryside of Northern Ireland.


We stopped at The Old Bushmill's Distillery for lunch.



We didn't have time to take a tour of the distillery, but the way I see it, after you've seen one distillery or brewery, you've seen them all.
Also, I toured the Old Bushmills Distillery last year when I went to Ireland with my mom.
Let's take a walk down memory lane, shall we?


I couldn't handle the whiskey so I passed out.


Just kidding! I tricked you.
I took like two sips of it before I chose the smarter and smoother drink: water.



There was a cool British telephone booth outside the distillery!


Ryan and I saw Dunluce Castle from down the road. We couldn't make it to the castle, which was unfortunate, but the way I see it, you've seen one castle, you've seen them all.
And you don't have to go far to go inside an old castle in Ireland. They're all over!


Here are some pictures of Dunluce Castle from when I visited it last year.





The tour then dropped us off at Giant's Causeway, which is where my next post will continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment