Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Barcelona -- La Rambla & The Harbor

Rose and I took a walk down La Rambla on April 7th. All I have heard about this famous street has been in guidebooks, so I didn't know what to expect.




I really liked La Rambla. There were so many people, but it was so beautiful and there was a lot to look at. There were street performers every hundred feet or so, along with many small souvenir shops and ice cream stands.




This walkway, La Boqueria, in La Rambla opened up to a huge market, full of fresh fish, fruits, vegetables, and chocolate.


These crab were alive! I was afraid they would drop to the floor and start crawling around.


Rose ate these type of passion fruit while she was in Ecuador this summer, so of course we had to get one to try.



At the end of La Rambla was Mirador de Colom, which is as tall as the Statue of Liberty.


We walked throughout the harbor and beachside. Barcelona has palm trees, which I thought was funny.








No comments:

Post a Comment