Sunday, April 15, 2012

Barcelona -- Montjuic

On Sunday, April 8, Rose and I walked up to Montjuic, which is on the west side of Barcelona.



We walked up Avinguda del Paral-lel and stopped at this large square with buildings all around.


We turned up a street and saw this beautiful building, which we later found out was Palau Nacional, which contains many art exhibits.


I thought these four columns were so funny and random. They weren't holding up any buildings. It looked like they were just placed there!




We walked around the grounds...



Saw some green parrots...


And an orange tree!


We then walked back down to the area by Mirador de Colom...


Past a street performer playing the didgeridoo...


And finally made it to the beach!


We sat down, and not even five minutes later we got pestered by these Indian men and women, trying to sell us everything under the sun, from scarves and cervezas to 30 minute massages and fish.



I was not amused. I was almost going to say to them the next time they came up to us, "I will pay you 5 euro to go down to the other end of the beach and stop bothering us!"
I just wanted to lay down, get some sun and look out to the beautiful sea. Instead, I kept seeing Indian men and women with scarves and Tesco bags of beer yelling "Scarves!" "Cervezas!" and "Massage for you!".


This ends my Barcelona series! I don't think I would go back to Barcelona, but it was very beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment