Sunday, March 11, 2012

Botanic Gardens

Because it was so nice out today and I had absolutely nothing to do, I walked to the National Botanic Gardens today!
I walked from the pink shamrock through the DCU campus, down Ballymun Road to the A point.


It was almost a two mile walk there... if I would have known that, I would've found a bus to take me there. But like I said, it was a beautiful day and it didn't even rain! Way to go, Ireland!


These gates don't compare to the ones at Buckingham Palace.


I had no idea what to expect... I've never been to a botanic garden before!


There were so many beautiful flowers!


The National Botanic Gardens has over 300 endangered plant species from around the world. 


There was a house full of exotic plants.



And there was a cactus house.


And a bonsai tree house!



And a river running through the park!


But my favorite house was the tropical rainforest house.


It was so humid in there and it smelled so fresh and earthy -- completely the opposite from what Dublin smells like.






No comments:

Post a Comment