Sunday, March 18, 2012

Adventures on Inis Mór

This is what I did on Inis Mór:

I saw an open gate with the words "No Camping" on the sign. Did it say "No Trespassing"? Nope! So I walked through to this ruined cathedral.


                            
Later on as I was walking, a large group of French students flew past me on their bicycles. I was standing on the side of the road waiting for them to pass, when I saw another open gate with a grassy path leading to... who knows? The lines from Robert Frost's poem "The Road Not Taken" entered my mind: 
Two roads diverged in a yellow road,
And sorry I could not travel both....
I took the road less traveled by, 
And that has made all the difference.


I took the road less traveled by.


I'm so glad I walked on this path, because I found some beautiful things to take pictures of!





Just as I was about to take a picture of this...


I got mooed at by these cows! 


I walked down a long road and discovered it was someone's driveway.


This cute dog ran down the driveway and wouldn't leave me alone! 


I walked up another foreign path...


And found this strange landscape! One minute it's all healthy grass and trees, and the next it's cracked rocks and overgrown weeds.



I walked down to the beach. There was literally NO ONE AROUND, and that's when I remembered that shop owners go to lunch around 1. Even restaurant owners go to lunch!


I was a little creeped out because I was the only one walking around! But I took a few pictures before it started to rain and headed to the American Bar for lunch. 


I treated myself to my first Irish coffee!


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment