Sunday, March 18, 2012

Adventures on Inis Mór, Part Two

I ate lunch and read my book at the American Bar while it rained, but around 3 I headed back out to the other side of the island.
I was walking along the coastal road when I noticed a rocky beach to the right, and as I peered over the edge, someone's old shoe caught my eye!



I made my way down the slippery path and made this when I got to the bottom.


The rocks were so smooth and shiny!


These huge shells also caught my eye from the road.



I was hunting for these beautiful shells in the rocks, and I was hoping I would come across something more magnificent, like a message in a bottle or a gold necklace... but instead I found a fork.



One downside to travelling alone is not having anyone to take pictures of you, and it's hard to do a self-timer!


It was really fun climbing around on these rocks!



I just turned a corner, hoping I'd find some more shells... Instead, I found a huge pile of dead fish!



I saw a dead squid!
Ha ha, just kidding. I have no idea what this is.



Thank God I wore waterproof boots!


1 comment:

  1. Those rocks are PERFECT for skipping. Please tell me you tried! Do you know how? If not, I am TOTALLY teaching you when I'm there.

    Also, did you keep any of those beautiful shells? :)

    ReplyDelete